Friday 10 September 2010

Driving, Bartering and Water.

It's been a while, I have to say, apologies.

So the weekend before last we had our race weekend at my Dads. It was an awesome weekend of Scalextric, go karting as well as other driving events and copious amounts of beer. I started off well with my F1 predictions. I know nothing about F1, at all. However, initiative was on my side, and I have a lot to say for William Hill for this round - thank you.

It was all downhill from there. I lost at scalextric, go karting (although I still blame this on a crap kart) and finally PS2 driving and Lego car creation - my concept self powering car didn't go down well with the judge. However I argue that aesthetics was never the primary concern for the competition, and my innovative design should have taken the prize.

The weekend ended with me being last, for the second year running. Result!

I've never been the most competitive of people, so the fun of the weekend was enough to make me happy.

I had a slow week after that. I dossed around in Loughborough, wondering what else I could do to amuse myself in this seemingly continuous loop of nothingness this holiday has materialised to be.

On the Sunday I did a bootsale with my mum. I have fond memories of selling stuff at bootsales as a child, but things have definitely changed! No longer do people accept the price your asking 8 times out of 10, now, even 50p is too much to ask.
'50p' "30?" 'no... 50..' "30?" 'no.... 50!' "Ok, I'll give you 30." 'no.'

This went on for quite some time before the punter gave up and stormed away.

Funtimes. On the upside I made quite a lot that day to tie me over for another couple of weeks.

The day before I left for London, I went to Waterworld in stoke with my mates before they went off to uni. It was an awesome day out, despite up being too old really...

So now I'm back in London, trying to find work before we go back to uni. I really can't wait to go back now!

Speak to you soon! Flan x

1 comment:

  1. Like the whole of life really - some you win, some you lose....... My dad would say something about, "Not the hand you're dealt but how you play it."
    Hope something turns up job wise before uni strikes again...............................

    ReplyDelete