Friday 21 May 2010

Rave Live, End of Year 1, Crazy summer!!

Starting with a similar theme to previous blogs; where has the time gone??

I think it's more than safe to say that time has definitely flown this academic year, and although the start was rather shaky, overall it's been amazing.

So Rave Live has just been. It was a truly fantastic event, and made me proud to be a Ravensbourne student. For those of you who don't know, Rave Live is Europe's largest student broadcasting event, and involves a day of live TV broadcasting over two Freeview channels and internet TV as well. The event this year also had it's own radio station, and has an on demand service much like the likes of BBC and Channel 4.

The event allows industry professionals to walk around the college as we work, talk to us, find out more about the college, and hopefully pick up our CV's and offer us some sort of work.

Originally, Rave Live 2010 was going to be held at Matter at the O2, however, 3 days before the event, they pulled out with no reason. All of us pulled together and turned the event round to continue as planned, from our own campus. Personally, as previously mentioned in other blogs, I, along with Ray and Andy edited all of the Talent Showdown auditions and VT's, as well as ingesting all of the on demand content and editing VT's for the award ceremony. We were very busy! The event was a huge success, and I think the best way for you to see the summary of it is by watching the round up at www.ravelive.co.uk.

It's been a hell of a journey, with regular, on average 13 hour days. We slept well the following night.


So, with Rave Live over, and only one more presentation to deliver before the end of term, everything feels like it's wrapping up. The last 9 months has seen the building of such strong and amazing relationships (even if they do involve me being the butt of every joke :p) that I would never have imagined materialising back in September.

So now it's onto the summer. Wow, it's a long one. Now through till the beginning of November pretty much. But I have so much planned! Next week I'm kicking off my summer by being part of the stage crew at Glastonbudget music festival, Europe's largest tribute band and new music festival. I am then back in London until July, chilling out and generally getting some well earned rest, along with a few editing jobs on the side.

July, I'm back in Loughborough for a month, well, sort of. I'm catching up with friends from back home, going on a road trip along the west coast, camping wherever we can. It will be amazing!

August I shall be back in London, moving house and, (fingers crossed) finding a job to keep me going. We're also going to V fest which I've been waiting for for too long! I want it to be here now! That leaves September and October, where I plan to be back and forth, living the best of both worlds.

So, wish me luck as I embark on this epic journey though what is supposed to be a long and hot summer.

Write again soon! Flan x

2 comments:

  1. Great! Sounds as if life is busy and fun - good mixture in my book.... see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many days in your week Dan?

    ReplyDelete