Monday 7 June 2010

Summer!


Done! First year of Uni done. Wow.
And it's been the first 2 weeks of my long... long summer. First I went home for a week or so. It was nice to be home and catch up with friends, although some are still not back from uni. My first weekend at home was spent at the Glastonbudget music festival - Europe's largest tribute and new acts festival. I was working there as a steward and had a really good, but hard 4 days, and met some really cool people. Going by myself was pretty out of character to be honest... It seems that my confidence has severely improved in recent months - good stuff! That's always been one of my weak points.

Tuesday was Duncan's flat party, but having got home on the monday morning and then being late that night too I still hadn't caught up on sleep. I was asleep much before a lot of people even arrived! Not good!

On Saturday I went to my cousins 18th party with various distant relatives, you know the drill ;)
It was nice to catch up with my cousins, uncle, auntie and my Grandparents, I'm pretty sure since I've started living more independently, I see them more!

Was awesome being bought a pint by my cousin - seeing as we used to sit under the slide in the park and tell each other Noddy stories. Wow we feel old! :p

I'm now back in London and have had quite an eventful day! For the past 6 hours, I've been cleaning our kitchen, which was quite literally a health hazard. I managed to clean everything and the kitchen is now spotless :) I kind of don't want to use it now and leave it in that state forever!
I've managed to burn myself with oven cleaner. Good times :)

I also saw this fox out of the window during my cleaning shenanigans:


So my plan for the summer is still pretty much incomplete - I plan to go back to Loughborough for a few days to see my old colleges film showcase, seeing as we won it last year, and then back to London for the rest of June. We are talking about going away for a weekend too which'll be cool :). July; I plan to go on a road trip for the first week and a bit, from Cardiff to Lands End, camping wherever we can. And then spend the rest of my time properly catching up with people in Loughborough, once everyone's back.

Although I'd love to be in London August, September and October too before the new term starts, I won't be able to afford it, so I'll be in Loughborough for another month as well.

Well, that's about all I can say for now. I'll check back in a week or so, I'm sure I'll have to interesting tales to tell!
Flan x


1 comment:

  1. Cool Dan! Great reporting! Poor fox looks as if it has Mange though - big fox even so.
    Enjoy your Summer, always really good to catch up when you can.

    ReplyDelete