Thursday 17 June 2010

Doss times and shizzzle

Had quite a busy while of doing nothing in particular - the way life should be occasionally! :p

It's been a really nice break from all the work, and to catch up with things that have been residing at the bottom of my to do list for quite some time.

Last week I went to get my new contact lense from Moorfields. Wow that was a palaver... after waiting around I was finally seen, and had my eyes checked for probably the 700 millionth time in my life. Then they got my lense and put it in to check the fit. I had to let it settle so was left for 20 NHS minutes, meaning around an hour and a half, and was then crowded round by a load of concerned optometrists. They were all umming and arring without actually telling me what was wrong. Eventually I was told that the lense was so close fitting, I could damage my eye by taking it out if I did it wrong, and would only be allowed to take it if I could show them I could do it safely.

I was taught how to put it in, and take it out about 20 minutes later, and they decided I was fine to take it. Wow that lense makes me realise how bad my sight is without it. Everything is so much more crisp and colourful! I am still waiting to see whether I can see 3d or not!

The rest of the week was filled with other various activities. On Sunday I went into London with Ray to take some photos - we got some quite nice ones, for example:
*insert picture here...* Blogger won't let me show you them. How unfortunate.. :p

But yes, take my word for it, there were some quite nice aesthetic delights from that trip.

On monday I got a phone call from The Farm Group - the biggest post production company in the UK, calling me in for a job interview. It will just be a runners job if I get it, but tbh I would clean toilets for The Farm, it's a way in! Later on my friend from Luff who's at York St John came to the o2 and then crashed at mine with his mate from York, Rachael. We all drove back to Luff the next day and I have remained here for the Film Showcase later tonight! Can't wait to see the films this year after last years, will be a good night with most probable pub times afterwards! Good stuff!

So that in a summary of my past 10 days... bizzle!

Flan x

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! Moorfields certainly sorted your eyesight out then - pleased to learn that you are deemed responsible enough to use the lense! Eyes are indeed precious so they were not taking chances with a maybe drunken youth! Yet another thing to remember, during your social encounters!.............
    Fantastic if you can get a toe in the Farm! Everything crossed........ apart from your eyes of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete