Monday 6 December 2010

Render Render Render

It's 02.06 and I'm still up having just 4 hours sleep last night. I've been having trouble sleeping anyway due to the (lack of) routine in my life recently, and after getting an early night last night, I slept for 2 hours before waking up at 12 and staying awake until ridiculous o clock.

Today, myself, Andy and Ray had agreed to present a Blue Peter style show at college. That was amusing, and to be honest a pretty good experience. TV presenting is a lot harder than you think. Part of you has to concentrate on the people talking in your ear telling you how long you have to talk for, one part has to keep an eye on the floor manager and autoque and then you have to concentrate on actually presenting. Not easy at all, and I think that came across in our somewhat amateur performance. But never mind, it was a good day! I'll hopefully get a copy of it to post on here soon.

Now, you may be wondering the reason I'm still up at this time. Especially after having little sleep last night followed by an action packed day. Well upon arriving home we realised that we have an edit due in tomorrow, which none of us had started really. So since 5pm I've been working to get it done ready for submission tomorrow. Fun times.
Did I mention the fact that it's the worst project ever, documenting the history of the internet with comments from some of the most boring people on earth? (Excluding Steven Fry).

It has probably been the least enjoyable edit I've ever done, the cut aways arn't even relevant to the subject, and as I just said to Ray; if it were a live project, I'd tell them to go and shoot some relevant cut aways before I would touch it. How has people walking round a Ghanian town got ANYTHING to do with people abusing Wikipedia?

Now I'm just waiting for the thing to render, which will take 25 mins, yay. And then I plan to colour correct it. I would go to bed, but I've learnt that the body works in 4 hour cycles, meaning that if I sleep now I'll get 6 hours before getting up. At 6 hours the body is at its heaviest sleep and its bad to wake up then. You can get away with waking up after 4 hours and feeling ok to go and do what I have to do tomorrow.

Oh, did I not tell you that?
Yes, I've got to go in and have a meeting about risk assessments, and other boring paperwork ready for our shoot over the weekend.
To tell you the truth, at this stage of the term I am no longer grateful that it is 2 weeks shorter that usual.

Write soon, if I ever get out of bed ever again!
Flan x

1 comment:

  1. Ah - sleep deprivation - not good! Makes hyper good work followed by very poor-due-to-mistakes work, therefore inconsistant material production.

    Interesting post - good luck with project.

    ReplyDelete