Saturday 31 July 2010

19 for almost a week.

So it was my birthday last week, and it was nice :)

A family occasion, meal out etc and some really nice presents, as well as enough money to keep the whole 'no-money-I'm going-to-be-screwed-in-a-few-weeks' issue at bay. However once these expenses have been paid I intend on paying myself back :).

The family meal was followed by a pub outing which branched into more childish shenanigans involving a playground at night. Followed by lying on an overly large slide and having long, (not so) in depth conversations about life.

So yes, my birthday was a success despite not planning anything for the day.

I had a pretty slow week, only one day of work, involving playing with lego to create an animation. Oh how I love my job! Typical though that after removing everything inappropriate from sight in my room ready for work, I decided it was getting warm so utilised my fan - complete with the following message on the side:

'This is NOT Rawlins property! If you steal this then I shall find you, shove it up your arse, and turn it on. Regards, Dan.'

He then went home to his mum and repeated this hilarious message word for word. Luckily she found it amusing!

I'm having a house party tonight, so I've been prepping for that. Firstly, a much needed haircut.

It never fills you with confidence when the hair dresser is working on a bit for ages and eventually looks at it, laughs, shrugs and then moves onto the next bit. But oh well, what do I expect for 7 quid?

Then I came home to sort the house out. I removed everything breakable (just in case) and then replaced them with sticky labels describing what was there. I wonder how many times I'll have to explain why the word 'Badger' is on the wall..?

I then removed the coffee table and replaced it with an old chest of drawers as I do believe mum and mark would go mad if they got home to rings all over the surface of their new furniture, as well as covering the tops of other surfaces.

Finally, the fun side! I rigged up my laptop to the big speakers and set up some awesome lights. (Not usually very house partyish, but I thought I may as well use them as I have them!)

So now it's time to wait! Chill out for a bit, try and sort out my bad hair cut and wait for the funtimes to happen later!

Flan x

No comments:

Post a Comment