Wednesday 21 July 2010

Life in the LE11 hood.

On departing London reluctantly on Sunday, I realised that I was not going back for quite a while - back to Loughboroughland! Without any of my stuff...

My room is bare and I just have clothes and my laptop to keep me going. To be honest.. do I really need anything else? Nahh.

I had my first day of work on Monday - it was truly awesome. So easy and a lot of fun! On Tuesday I went to Rainbows to start working with the young people there to produce a video time capsule about the hospice. I really get some feel good feeling which I can't really explain when turning my work around to suit these people - it's a really awesome thing to do!

After Rainbows I had some mates over to make use of the free house (mum and Mark are on holiday). We made a ridiculous video entitled 'The top 5 most unfortunate things to happen in your life, featuring such ailments as 'constantly being on fire' and 'having a man constantly in your life playing the vuvuvzela'. These made the cut, ones that didn't included 'extreme paranoia of identity theft' and 'having the urge to roll everywhere'.

I went to see Toy Story 3 today, and besides the film being really good - I also confirmed the fact that with the aid of my contact lense, I CAN see 3d! Woo!

On Friday I have my first proper Session with my second direct payment person who has Cerebral Palsy. Will see how that goes - 6 hours is a long time to fill!

And then... it's my birthday on Sunday! I feel old... eugh.

Nothing planned atm, probably going to do something when mum and mark are away with Chloe in a few weeks time :)

Woo!

Flan x

1 comment:

  1. No plans for weekend? Not wot I heard...... Hope to see you, along with a certain young lady and handsome bloke!

    Had laugh at your post again - wot u like?

    Great that work was fun and that you found Rainbows inspiring. Good luck with the six hours.

    ReplyDelete