Thursday 15 July 2010

More sofa, heavy lifting and content.


Here I am in our new house. Wooo!

It's been a hell of a journey getting here (not literally it's just up the road) but in stress it's been miles bigger than the majority of things i've done in the past.

Yesterday morning I woke up at 7 ready for the postman who had the tenancy agreement we needed for the move. He came at 12.30 - 5 and a half hours of irritable waiting later. We head over to the estate agents to hand in the form, and to pay. The place stank of weed, and we're pretty sure the guy who took the payment was high. The fact that my bank balance hasn't yet changed backs this theory up... for now.

We got the keys and the move began - starting with the previously mentioned sofa. We ended up attaching it to the roof of my dads car (which by the way I am now used to and don't hate so much). This was an amusing, and slightly worrying sight, as documented below.



The following 5 hours consisted of endless journeys between Eltham and Charlton moving various awkward and heavy items.

There was also THE classic moment of the year. Something that you would find on a sitcom. So we couldn't get the sofa into the living room, so after consideration, we decided to take the door off. Once the door was off the frame, Andy received a call telling him the landlord was coming round in 5 minutes. Oh the hilarity!

Then came the actual setting up of my room. A lot of cursing, cuts, scrapes and allen keys later it was 2am, and I couldn't go on anymore. I went to sleep.

Today consisted of final touches, wiring and picking up small things that I'd realised I'd forgotten. We also did some cleaning and bought some essentials from the good old 99p store!

Now I'm sitting in our new living room watching Fawlty Towers!

Speak soon!

Flan x

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness........ LOL
    Steep learning curve there then! AND YOU DIDN'T FILM IT?! Hilarious! Flan, your the tops!
    Oh......... And happy dwelling in the new pad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete