Tuesday 13 July 2010

The move, Sofa, and superior henchness.


Well it's been a busy and stressful week. I never knew there could be so many hiccups involved in moving house; emails not being received, papers to be signed by various people who are all over the country, 1500 quid randomly disappearing for 4 days etc...

But finally! The money's in the bank, the paperwork's done and it's move in day tomorrow! So excited!

So I've been driving my dads car as it is bigger so I can more my stuff more easily. I'm going t be honest - I hate it. The steering feels like I'm constantly dr
iving on ice it's that light, and in these hot days, opening the windows initiates a small scale hurricane within the car when travelling over 20 mph. I'm getting used to it now I guess, but I'd have my Fiesta back any day! We went to Croydon the other day to go to Ikea. Meatballs, swedish gravy, cranberry sauce and chips. Now that's what I'm talking about. Then I bought a chest of drawers and a new desk - not nearly as exciting as the fine blue and yellow cuisine! Haha.

Then yesterday saw the worlds most ridiculous task. Picking up a sofa. So although i'd made the effort to employ this larger car as my own for a week or so, in order to move such awkward items with ease; it just wasn't happening. After numerous attempts, and the sofas previous owner getting more and more visibly frustrated with us eating up his time, we decided that this monster of a sofa was never going to fit in the car. Ever. So, with reluctant groans, sweat already pouring off us after removing the sofa from a first floor flat with newly painted walls, we walked the Sofa through Eltham back to my house. That was a painful journey. Blood, sweat and tears were literally shed.



Then came the mammoth task of getting the sofa into my already over furnished, claustrophobic house. The sofa took up the entire hall and then wouldn't fit through the door into the living room. Armed with a hammer, we removed the 2 inch feet from the bottom of the sofa and after rearranging the house, rammed the sofa into position. Luckily it's only here for two days!

You would have thought; 'phew! it's done' at this point, but no! We had to go back and pick up the car.

Still, for a fiver, this sofa is immense. So unbelievably comfortable, despite the pain it caused.

With all this heavy lifting and moving about, we shall be hench. Muscles popping out everywhere! GET ME SOME SPINACH!

Speak to you on the other side!

Flan x

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha ... make a man of you yet!

    Hope all went well - even if you are an ungrateful young stud! Dad probably is not so keen on yours either!.......

    Nice pic!

    ReplyDelete