Tuesday 26 October 2010

Back to reality, but not necessarily normality.

Finally, the time has come to return to the magical place that is Ravensbourne. Thank God for that.
That's not the only thing that's looking up; my persistence of obsessive online job applications may have actually paid off, finally. I've got an interview for a job on the Thames Clipper. Not the most relevant or glamorous of jobs, but relatively easy, and nice cliche job for London.

Of course I won't get my hopes up too much. That'd be silly.

So I've had two days back in education, and it feels good! Once again I have a purpose, and not only a purpose in a bodged 70's building in deepest darkest Kent, but a purpose in a brand new lovely building in London. Although it has it's negatives (mainly the highly irritating alarm that goes off every 10 seconds because someones done something wrong with the security barrier), the new place is amazing, with an array of new, exciting and cutting edge pieces of kit for us to mess about with.
For instance, today we went into our new sound recording studio. It had many buttons, lights and faders, and hundreds of racks with various limiters and compressors etc. After trying to get it to work by pressing any button we could, we decided this state of the art ProTools HD desk had beaten us. I need to find the manual I reckon.

If you'd like to see a sneak peak of the new building, you can view this video which is pretty cool. (click here)

This year I have less money than last because officially I'm on the last year of my course, so I'm expected to have a full time job by May. That's not going to happen and is a small inconvenience, so I've set up a nifty little spreadsheet which works out how much money I have left per week. With this years enhanced social life (as we have a decent students union in the o2) I will need to keep track of the pennies and not over indulge too much!

Having said that, after yesterdays lecture, we went to the SU to celebrate the beginning of term. This started at about 2pm, and went on, with a move half way through to Wetherspoons, till about 9pm, where we decided we'd had enough and went to bed after acquiring a skateboard and a roadworks barrier. Tragic.
The 10am lecture on grading wasn't entirely appreciated by my brain.

So that's it! Back to reality (but not necessarily normality, nothing and no one is normal in this house!)

Write again soon!

Flan x


1 comment:

  1. Spread sheet and job sound good :-D As does mature drinking intention - can't have shaky hands holding cameras! Nor fuzzy heads for lectures - so whoever stays the most cool when others go mad - wins the top prize! Method in madness eh?! Not daft are you Dan?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete