Saturday 9 October 2010

Not much to report!

Nahh, the title says it all to be honest.

I hate waiting. I've always hated waiting, so this 3 week wait really does make the mic. That's right, whilst I watch friends having a great time at uni, I'm still sat here waiting for uni to start. On the up side there is enrolment and a tour next week to look forward to, even if I have lost the forms to enrol.. oops.

So this waiting around with lack of motivation started to get to me. I finally got out of the house last week to see my Dad in town. That was cool. He threw out a few suggestions and the next day I took them on. I woke up at a reasonable hour and went for a walk.. just following my nose. I walked up to the Thames Barrier and then along the river bank to Ravensbourne and back again. It was a really cool walk and I managed to grab some good photos along the way. They can be seen by clicking here.
I found it really weird how diverse the pictures were, from farm animals, to trains, to the thames barrier, aeroplanes, and city skyline. What an interesting place I live in! Excuse the dirt on the lens. I was most displeased when I saw it on uploading them to my mac.

Last night I went to pick up rushes for a new project which I intend to start on in a bit so that will keep me occupied for a while. In the meantime I think I'll sit here an continue listening to jazz. Brilliant :)

Whilst I wait the last stretch of these 'holidays' It has come to the point where I have run out of money. I would have been fine have my car not broken down.. Hmm. SO for now I'm on rations, it will probably do me good to be honest. The bank won't increase my overdraft limit - something about me 'being in too much debt' or something! Oh to be a student! Roll on the Student loan, that's all I can say!

Write soon!

Dan x

1 comment:

  1. Great set of pics Dan - indeed interesting using your observant eye.
    Glad you took the sound tip of your Dad - sometimes we need the views from those who have "been there, done that, got the T-shirt and found it fitted."
    Rations... 100 ways to use bread, milk, cheese and hedgerow fruits - just as well it is Harvest time... write a book for student survival, illustrated of course! And learn to sing! It hides the tummy rumbles! Busking brings a penny or two in.... Nah, maybe not! A list -1) Good roof over your head. 2)Bills met. 3)Feed yourself - water free. 4)Stay happy - walk, take pics; use skills. 5) Watch for the postie! 6) Hope.

    ReplyDelete