Thursday 21 October 2010

Blagging.

It's fair to say I came home at a great time, and whilst being here I've exercised the power of blagging as much as possible.

Blag (v)
British Informal

1. A violent robbery or raid
2. An act of using clever talk or a deliberate action to obtain something.

You'll be happy to know I haven't been holding up banks whilst wearing a pair of tights on my head.
During my week home, I will have gone out for 3 meals, obtained a free drink in a club and a free ticket to see 'The Social Network' at the county's best cinema.
Unfortunately, I didn't manage to blag a free bus ride, unlike the girl yesterday who got onto her bus, fluttered her eye lashes and claimed that she had no money. Now that was good blagging. Oh to have a pair of breasts and an angelic voice...

Whilst being home I've also had my first glimpse of life in Loughborough without a car since I passed my test nearly 2 years ago. Living in London without a car is fine - there's ample transport at all times of the day and night and it's relatively cheap. Being round here in 'the sticks' by comparison is entirely different. Transport is expensive and relatively poor. I didn't really realise this until I got on a train for £4.50 for just 10 minutes. I didn't even get a seat! I don't think Boris would be very happy if he found out.

It's not just my blatant love for free stuff that makes me say it's a good week to be home (did I mention I also just got a free mcflurry?).

For the first time in a long long time, Chloe has walked independently. A lot. I honestly never thought I'd see that again, and it was amazing to be here to help and see her rapid progress. The other day she decided she wanted a drink. I told her she'd have to get it herself, so after a little help getting up, she walked into the kitchen and poured some coke... all over the floor. We found it hilarious. Mum was less impressed.

Back to uni next week! Finally...

Will write to let you know how it goes!

Flan x




1 comment:

  1. Where is you car if not in Luff? Where are your feet? Too many free nosh's that's what it is - made you go soft! Three in a couple of weeks !? No-one needs that ammount of food do they?
    As for breasts, eyelashes and girly voice - DAN - you wait for a female driver.... it works in reverse! The mothering instict takes over.........
    Brill news re Chloe isn't it? Heard she ironed her pillowcase too... Think you might be able to hire her out soon.

    ReplyDelete