Saturday 30 October 2010

Earlier than planned.

Yet again, the title says it all. Great, these concise titles that sum up what you want to say... except now I have to elaborate on precisely what's 'earlier than planned'; well.. it's this blog.

As you can probably tell from that strangely formed piece of self contained discourse; I'm in a blabbing mood, where I mainly blab about complete rubbish in an incredibly round about way. It's what I do best.

So the first week back at uni has been completed, and I've already had enough. I'm joking, it was brilliant to be back, surrounded by social interaction and cerebral stimulation. However, it was made very clear within that short space of time that this year is going to be hardcore! From having nothing to do on my 'to do list', I now have 2 music videos to produce, an interactive DVD game, a grading assignment, two research projects and the foundations of my dissertation to start. This is going to be a jam packed few months!

I mentioned the job on the Thames Clipper in my last job. I also mentioned how I wasn't going to get my hopes up, I was right. Nevermind! With all this work to be getting on with, I shall just tighten my belt and live without the burden of a part time job upon my shoulders.
Besides, I do get my freelance work every now and again.
I'm currently on a break from editing a short film. It's taken me at least 4 hours to just synchronise the audio with the video because the marker couldn't count so everything to was labeled wrong!
Now comes the fun bit of actually editing! Yay!

The mice in the house are still abundant. Not only has the the novelty value of the small creatures scurrying around now gone, but their numbers seem to be escalating, and their courage increasing. Last night they were just walking around the living room whilst me and Chloe were sat chatting. It wasn't even as if it was silent, they didn't seem to care about our presence at all. Arrogant little sods.

It's freshers week next week, which is why I'm battling to get as much work as I can done over the weekend. I won't be writing next week I don't expect, I'll show you why:

Monday: 8pm - 2am - Welcome to our SU night
Tuesday: 9.30am - 4pm - College, 8pm-2am - Pirates Pub Crawl
Wednesday: 1.30pm - 4pm - College, 10pm-3am - Inc Club in the O2
Thursday: 10am - 4pm - College, 10pm-3am - Foam and UV Party
Friday: 10am - 3.30pm - College, 8pm - 2am - 1920's Boat Party on the Thames.

This week is going to be amazingly fun, but at the same time is going to kill me! I actually only wanted to go to 2 nights, but after a bit of persuasion from the SU team, and a change of heart from me, I decided to buy a week ticket!

Write next weekend!

Dan x

No comments:

Post a Comment